The Best of the Rest is my effort to summarize all the travel/miles and points stories that interested me on a daily basis. I didn’t have time to write about them in length, but I picked some of the best below. Culled from over 100 blogs/authors I follow, some are passed along without comment, while I add my analysis to others. This is your shortcut to find out what’s going on without having to read dozens of travel blogs to get all the best info. Today’s highlights include a peek at the new “millennial” airline and how to score free first class upgrades for 20 years.
In Case You Missed It
- Disney is really stepping it up with a ton of exciting plans for new parks and hotels. Here’s recent details on their fully immersive Star Wars hotel.
- I wondered for a while about if I could wear this everyday item through TSA check points of if it was just another thing I had to put in my bag.
- Some thoughts on whether or not it’s worth it to buy miles off of a broker.
- It’s never too early to start planning a family vacation, especially if you are doing so on points and miles. Here’s a sweet trip we took last year during the holidays.
- Yes. Motorized, rideable suitcases do exist.
This Week’s Best Travel Deals
- United and Hertz have extended their popular promotion and some folks are really racking up the miles.
- Anyone traveling with kids through Heathrow got some really good news this week.
- Reminder that Hilton’s 2x points promotion went live this week – be sure to register!
- National Business Traveler Day is this Tuesday 4/24 and you’ve still got a chance to win free first class upgrades for 20 years.
The Best of the Rest
- Curious about what a millennial airline looks like? Informative post from Business Insider on Air France’s new “Joon”.
- You’ve probably seen this new 3x points promotion posted in a few places…it’s big news for those of you who enjoy earning on Chase Ultimate Rewards.
- Here’s some additional information on how Marriott will be rolling out their new Platinum breakfast benefits.
- Anyone who flies through Philadelphia won’t be surprised when reading some of American Airlines’ complaints with the facility standards at PHL.
- New livery coming for this European airline.
The post A Peek At The New “Millennial” Airline and Free First Class Upgrades for 20 Years was first published on Pizza in Motion.