It’s time to register for SPG’s last promo of 2016, More For You. In case you missed the details, here’s a few posts that cover some of the current promos in the market:
- SPG’s New Promotion: More For You
- Hyatt Announces Their Latest 2016 Promotion: More Points. More Play
- Is Marriott Rewards New MegaBonus Promotion Better Than The Competition?
- IHG Has Released Their Final Quarterly Promo For 2016: Accelerate
Members who register and stay two or more nights between September 12 and December 18th, 2016 will earn:
• Double Starpoints on weekday stays
• Triple Starpoints on stays that include a Friday or Saturday (Thursday or Friday in the Middle East)
Here, there’s no specific requirement to stay at a Sheraton to earn triple points, but only weekend stays qualify. Depending on your average daily rate, 1,000 Starpoints per stay is generally better for those short weekend stays where rates are lower.
Regardless, the promotion itself isn’t overwhelming, but it’s a nice plus for folks who plan to stay at SPG properties through the end of the year. I’d say it’s not lucrative enough to switch business from another chain, but it’ll depend on your specific travel pattern. I’m partial to the Hyatt promo for the total amount of points I can earn, but the SPG promo can be worth up to triple Starpoints for even one stay.
As usual, there are properties not participating. It’s hard to say how many because they published a list of participating properties. But, it looks like a pretty complete list, so maybe not so bad this time around.
It’s always best to register for promotions as soon as you can. It’s free and takes seconds, and the last thing you want is to end up with an unexpected hotel stay where you could have earned a bonus but for that forgotten registration.
The post It’s Time To Register For The New SPG Promo, More For You was published first on Pizza in Motion