The Best of the Rest is my effort to summarize all the travel/miles and points stories that interested me on a daily basis. I didn’t have time to write about them in length, but I picked some of the best below. Culled from over 100 blogs/authors I follow, some are passed along without comment, while I add my analysis to others. This is your shortcut to find out what’s going on without having to read dozens of travel blogs to get all the best info. Today’s highlights include a 35% discount on SPG points and a review of United’s 18 hour flight to Singapore.
In Case You Missed It
- Not everyone can say they’ve piloted a Boeing 737 Max. So…ok…neither can I. But this trip is as close as I’ll get to that and was pretty darn cool!
- The cronut is NOT a donut…but these tasty treats from The Donut Pub fared pretty well on the Pizza in Motion Donut Review chart.
- Anyone flying on American Airlines out of MIA will want to check out my review of the new Flagship First Lounge.
- There was that one time we had a crazy three hour adventure in Djibouti…
- We’re seeing more and more of these polka-dotted “Minnie Vans” at Disney World…
This Week’s Best Travel Deals
- Don’t forget that today is National Business Traveler Day! Upside is giving away some great prizes if you enter to win, not to mention they’re hosting lounges (with even more swag and prizes) at ORD, JFK, LAX, SFO and DFW!
- Starwood Preferred Guest is currently selling SPG points at a 35% discount, up to 30,000 points. I’m generally not a big fan of buying points, and I wouldn’t be stocking up for the impending “conversion” in August. But, there are definitely going to be some values you can book this year. Buying some points to “top off” to your next vacation might be the right decision.
- Families planning a trip this fall can’t miss this deal on five nights at Atlantis Bahamas WITH airfare starting at $599.
- It seems as if there’s a Groupon for almost anything…including travel. Take advantage of their big site wide sale and find some great travel deals.
- Promotions for cruises offering complimentary alcohol packages are starting to heat up now that this cruise line has added the option.
The Best of the Rest
- Curious about what it’s like aboard United’s 18 hr flight from LAX-SIN? Check out this review of their Polaris Business Class on the longest flight from the US.
- This airline is joining the trend of offering basic economy tickets…
- Southwest Airlines is adding more flights to airports in these two markets.
- Ready for a 20+ hr flight? Well this plane manufacturer is…
- There’s a really good takeaway from this post about experiencing an in-flight medical emergency.
The post 35% Discount on SPG Points and United’s 18 Hr Flight to Singapore was first published on Pizza in Motion.