Today’s Daily Getaway features a number of different options from Caesars properties in both Atlantic City and Las Vegas.
In case you’re not familiar, Daily Getaways are daily deals sponsored by the US Travel Association. Some are better than others, so you need to think about whether you can take full advantage of the offer before buying.
For the more popular offers, they will sell out quickly, which means being around right when they go on sale each day at 1:00 pm EDT. Some offers will sell out in hours, some in minutes. It’s also important to be patient. If you click shortly after an offer becomes available and it shows sold out, keep trying. Someone may have an offer in their shopping cart but change their mind or have their computer crash. When that happens, their bad luck or change of heart can be your good fortune.
Finally, make sure you pay with an American Express card to save an additional 10%. Any AMEX card will do.
Feel free to e-mail me or post questions in the comments section. Good luck chasing the deals you’re looking for!
2-night stay at Harrah’s Marino Casino in Atlantic City for $585 (with 10% discount for paying with an AMEX card) includes:
- 2 consecutive nights accommodations in a luxurious Bayview Premium Room at Harrah’s Resort Atlantic City.
- Gourmet dinner for 2 at your choice of restaurant at Harrah’s. (maximum value of $150)
- Round-trip limousine transfers between hotel and Atlantic City International Airport
- Bottle of Champagne in your room
I was utterly shocked when I looked up prices for this hotel. Most nights I found were over $250. I’ve stayed at this property, albeit many years ago, and am absolutely not prepared to spend $250 a night there. Atlantic City airport is fairly close by, so I can’t imagine limo transport would be that pricey. And, the vast majority of folks who visit Atlantic City drive there. So, it better be one heck of a bottle of Champagne they give you if you have any chance of getting good value out of this package. There are much nicer properties in Atlantic City (see: Borgata) and I would imagine comparable or better rates. Pass.
2-night stay at the Caesar Group property in Las Vegas of your choosing for $382.50 (with 10% discount for paying with an AMEX card) includes:
- Accommodations for two (2) in a Premier room, (2)consecutive nights, at your choice of one of the following Caesars Entertainment Las Vegas properties: Bally’s Las Vegas, Caesars Palace, Flamingo Las Vegas, Harrah’s Las Vegas, Paris Las Vegas, Planet Hollywood Resort, The Quad Resort & Casino OR the Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino (double occupancy).
- A complimentary in-room bottle of champagne
- $100 dining credit
- $150 spa credit
- Round-trip airport transportation for 2 between the McCarran International Airport and your hotel in Las Vegas
This strikes me as a fabulous deal depending on what property you choose. Between the dining credit, spa credit and transportation, you’re already at $300. 2 nights at Caesars can easily cost $500 depending on your dates. There’s only 10 of these packages and I would expect them to go quickly.
2-night stay at Planet Hollywood for $468 (with 10% discount for paying with an AMEX card) includes:
- Accommodations in a Hollywood Hip Room for 2 consecutive nights (double occupancy) at Planet Hollywood Las Vegas
- Enjoy a $100 dining credit to use at your choice of restaurants, bars and lounges within the hotel.
- 2 Show Tickets to the Caesars Entertainment Show of your choice
- Complimentary in-room bottle of champagne.
- Round-trip transportation to and from McCarran International Airport and the hotel.
- Travel must be completed by July 1, 2015 and must be booked no later than 30 days in advance of scheduled arrival date.
A Hollywood Hip King is essentially their standard room and it will set you back at least $150 a night and over $200 on most nights I searched. The show tickets are probably worth between $150 and $200 depending on what show you pick. Between those two and the dining credit I could see getting to $500 or $600 worth out of this package pretty easily.
2-night Rio Secco Golf Weekend for $468 (with 10% discount for paying with an AMEX card) includes:
- Stay 2 consecutive nights in a Premium Studio Suite at Rio Secco
- Enjoy a $100 dining credit to use at your choice of restaurants, bars and lounges within the hotel
- A round of Golf for 2 at Rio Secco Golf Club.
- Round-trip transportation for 2 between the Rio All-Suite Las Vegas Hotel & Casino and the Rio Secco Golf Club.
- Round-trip transportation for 2 between the McCarran International Airport and the Rio All-Suite Las Vegas Hotel & Casino.
- Travel must be completed by July 1, 2015 and must be booked no later than 30 days in advance of desired schedule arrival date.
A studio suite at the Rio is at least $250 a night. Golf is $100 a person. So, between the room nights, the golf and dinner, it’s easy to get to $700 in value out of this package.
2-night stay at Bally’s for $283.50 (with 10% discount for paying with AMEX card) includes:
- Three day, two consecutive night stay for two in a Jubilee King Room at Bally’s Las Vegas
- Two tickets to see “Jubilee: The Showgirl Reborn” inside the newly renovated Jubilee theatre. Due to continuous demand, Jubilee performs 10 spectacular performances per week.
- Enjoy two Buffet of Buffets passes, giving you unlimited access to six of the most spectacular buffets in the city for a 24-hour period.
- Bottle of complimentary Champagne delivered to your room upon check-in & arrival.
- Round-trip airport transfers between McCarran International Airport and Bally’s Las Vegas.
The price for a Jubilee King room is all over the board, from $100 a night to $300 a night. The show tickets are worth about $100. Two buffet passes are worth $125. So, if Bally’s is a fit for you, this can be a very good deal.
Bottom Line It For Me, Ed
The deals today mirror the overall Daily Getaways packages. Some good, some bad. Make sure you can use all/most of the package elements before you commit to buying.