Today’s Daily Getaway features discounts on Loews Hotels across the US. They cover major metro markets like New York, Chicago and Boston as well as a few properties in the sun like Miami, Santa Monica and Coronado.
Week 3 has some solid offers for folks, likely the first that will have widespread interest from various types of travelers.
In case you’re not familiar, Daily Getaways are daily deals sponsored by the US Travel Association. Some are better than others, so you need to think about whether you can take full advantage of the offer before buying.
For the more popular offers, they will sell out quickly, which means being around right when they go on sale each day at 1:00 pm EDT. Some offers will sell out in hours, some in minutes. It’s also important to be patient. If you click shortly after an offer becomes available and it shows sold out, keep trying. Someone may have an offer in their shopping cart but change their mind or have their computer crash. When that happens, their bad luck or change of heart can be your good fortune.
There’s no 10% discount this year for paying with an AMEX card. However, it doesn’t seem to make a difference in the pricing of most deals, with some being slightly better (and others the same or slightly worse) than last year.
Here are the Lowe’s offers:
These offers target two separate groups of people. There are the two “value” offers of 2-night stays for $275 and $325. The properties between the two offers are:
- Loews Miami Beach Resort, Miami Beach, FL
- Loews Don Cesar Resort, St. Pete Beach, FL
- Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando
- Loews Coronado Bay Resort, Coronado Bay, CA
- Loews Annapolis Hotel, Annapolis, MD
- Loews Atlanta Hotel, Atlanta, GA
- Loews Boston Back Bay Hotel, Boston, MA
- The New Loews Chicago Hotel, Chicago, IL
- Loews Chicago O’Hare Hotel, Rosemont, IL
- Loews Hollywood Hotel, Hollywood, CA
- Loews Madison Hotel, Washington, D.C.
- Loews Minneapolis Hotel, Minneapolis, MN
- Loews New Orleans Hotel, New Orleans, LA
- Loews Philadelphia Hotel, Philadelphia, PA
- Loews Regency Hotel, New York, NY
- Loews Santa Monica Hotel, Santa Monica, CA
- Loews Vanderbilt Hotel, Nashville, TN
- Loews Ventana Canyon, Tucson, AZ
- Loews Hotel Vogue, Montreal, Canada
A quick perusal of the rates at these properties shows there are plenty of great deals like last year. If you’re not tied to a specific chain for loyalty/status reasons, these can make for a cheap getaway in some pricey cities.
The other 3 offers are for 2 nights in a suite at 3 higher-end properties:
$1,000 for 2 nights ($950 for Santa Monica) in a suite is a solid deal. The regular room rates at these properties are around $500, so you’re essentially getting the suite upgrade for free. The only thing that gives me pause on these offers is this little tidbit from the T&C:
- Hotel reserves the right to restrict this offer for certain days, weeks, or seasons without notice. Limit one (1) room per certificate.
While I don’t see a lot of risk with a chain like Loews, it’s worth noting they have some wiggle room. There aren’t a lot of these certificates available, so don’t think too long before committing.
I covered this deal on Monday with the other Daily Getaways this week. There’s still two good offers this week, with the Hyatt deal on Friday being one of the strongest of the entire bunch.
Don’t miss any of the daily travel tips, tricks and strategies found here. Follow me using one of these options: