The Best of the Rest is my effort to summarize all the travel stories that interested me on a daily basis. I don’t have time to write about them in length, but picked some of the best below. It’s a shortcut to find out what’s going on without reading dozens of travel blogs to get the best info. Today’s highlights include The World’s Longest Flight and a Pilot’s Stand Up Comedy Act.
In Case You Missed It
- Last week our Miles to Go podcast hit a milestone! 10 episodes! We’ve got some great segments all about Qantas, the new SPG/Marriott program coming this August and even one covering this pesky new TSA snack policy “non-policy”.
- This JetBlue pilot turned her pre-flight routine into stand up comedy. She’s the funniest pilot I’ve heard in a while.
- I’ve been bouncing between a few different type of bluetooth headsets like AirPods. Here’s my review of the Bose SoundSport Free Wireless.
- My take on some of the hits and misses of CES 2018.
This Week’s Best Travel Deals
- Stay 2 times at any Wyndham property and earn a free 15,000 bonus points, which will get you a free night to use at ANY of their properties.
- There’s a major fare sale going on right now and you can get nonstop flights to Dublin starting as low as $229.
- IHG PointBreaks has just added 170 hotels to their new PointsBreak list, with select properties starting at just 5,000 points/night!
- There’s a nationwide sale on airfare with these four carriers – RT tickets starting at $97.
The Best of the Rest
- United’s newest economy seats are starting to roll out on the 777.
- This carrier will have the world’s longest flight when their new route is launched later this year.
- Everyone always loves a good deal on Uber…here’s a new one.
- I’m on Instagram and have some awesome story highlights you might be interested in about Dole Whip, Seattle Donuts & the new Amazon Go Store!
Last, but not least, if you’re looking for a great way to start your day, you can now watch a livestream of the Magic Kingdom at sunrise. For real.
The post The World’s Longest Flight and a Pilot’s Stand Up Comedy Act was first published on Pizza in Motion.