I hope you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. We did, and we’re still enjoying it as we speak. I may or may not need to take another drive-by on the Pumpkin pie shortly…..
At any rate, I was thinking about various things in travel I was thankful for. On a whim I started putting together a list. In the beginning, it really wasn’t about linking to old content. But, some of those ended up on the list. They really are some of my favorite things. I especially like the last one….
10-ish Travel Things I’m Thankful For
- A wife and 2 kids that love to travel. I can’t emphasize this enough. My wife loves to travel and our kids are great travelers. That makes it much easier for me to be a travel nut.
- The Disney World Annual pass discount as a Disney Vacation Club member. Holy cow! Our family are big Disney fans. We’re declaring 2018 the year of Disney. I bought annual passes using the DVC discount yesterday. For the price of 5 days in the parks we have unlimited access for a year.
- United Airlines/Star Alliance business class award inventory from Dulles Airport. That’s my home airport. I can find 4 business class tickets to Europe each year for our family vacation. I’m able to find plenty of options, especially for less than 4 passengers, even at the last-minute.
- Did I mention I’m thankful for kids who travel well?
- Getting Lost In Venice. Nothing else to say.
- Randy Petersen. The Godfather of the frequent travel clan. He’s the original person who made it okay for me to be as big of a nerd as I am.
- The observation deck at Zurich Airport. I was there a couple of weeks ago. It’s pretty darn awesome. Blog post to follow.
- Seeing the world through the eyes of my children. Hands down, the greatest thing I wasn’t expecting when we decided to have kids.
- Hyatt Globalist and SPG Platinum status. I guess kinda sorta United 1K for free award changes. With lifetime status in both Hyatt and SPG, I’m a pretty happy camper.
- Friends who travel. I have so many friends that travel as much or more than I do. Planning to meet up with them in some random part of the world is always fun. Meeting one randomly is incredibly cool, like the time Seth Miller from Wandering Aramean posted on Instagram about a quarter-mile away from where I was in Las Vegas. Or the time I ran into Matthew Klint from Live And Let’s Fly in the Lufthansa First Class Terminal at Frankfurt.
Okay, I lied. It’s Eleven.
As we head down the home stretch of 2017, it’s another record year for traffic on my blog. That’s entirely because each of you come to see what I have to say each day. Those numbers continue to grow, and I continue to be a bit amazed. I am incredibly thankful that each of you spend time reading what I write. I hope I continue to help you travel the world, one great trip at a time.
The post 10 Travel Things I’m Thankful For On Thanksgiving was published first on Pizza in Motion