I’m not one of those people who books vacations disgustingly early. Sure, I preach that philosophy. But, even before a brutal travel year in 2016 I wasn’t that good at booking ahead of time. After this past year, I’m that much worse at it. My good friend Summer, who writes the blog Mommy Points, already has her December 2017 award trips booked. She’s insane. And, I’m sure she thinks I’m insane for my predicament.
I sit here staring at an empty week on my calendar for Spring Break. I had contemplated Hawaii but never quite got around to booking it and now awards are disgustingly expensive. United really wants 90,000 miles for a one-way flight in a premium cabin. Ouch.
I need your help picking a location. Give me your best suggestions, with the following parameters in mind:
- No Zika areas. Maybe we’re being overprotective, but just not worth it.
- Probably prefer not to go somewhere cold, but “chilly” could work.
- We live in DC. There’s no way my wife will sign off on Asia for such a short trip.
- We’re looking to travel late March/early April.
- Someplace where the kids can explore and have fun.
- We have plenty of miles with United Airlines and American, as well as Chase Ultimate Rewards points.
- We have plenty of points for Hyatt, Marriott and SPG hotels.
I’d really appreciate your suggestions. Maybe it’s a place you’ve already been. Or, it could be a destination on your bucket list. If I do ultimately pick a destination someone mentions, I’ll find a cool something to send your way.
Yup, I’m that inept right now. It’s almost Christmas and I don’t have anything booked for Spring Break.
What Would You Do In My Situation?
The post I Could Use Your Help was published first on Pizza In Motion