Thanks to everyone who submitted pictures for the contest to win a free airline ticket. It was very tough selecting the finalists. There were so many great pictures! Let’s go over the rules before we get to the finalists.
First, the finalists are competing for one (1) award ticket for coach travel on American Airlines in the continental US, Canada or Mexico. Travel needs to be booked by the end of 2013, but can be completed at any time open for award availability either this year or next year.
The winner of the contest will be the photo that gets the most votes in the poll included in this post. If you’re a finalist, I’d recommend getting the word out through that social media stuff I keep hearing about. 😉
Facebook mentions, Twitter notes and comments are all great, but ONLY votes will count. And, in case your family and friends need a better reason than just supporting you, let them know that I’m giving away a $10 Amazon gift card every day during voting to one winner who leaves a comment here on my blog. While I intend it to be a random entry, I’m always prone to things that make me laugh.
Voting will run for five days and conclude at 11:59pm EDT, Monday, October 14th.
IMPORTANT: Everyone can vote once a day. I’ll be a bit liberal on this, but anyone cramming the ballot box will have those votes removed. So, encourage your friends and family (and their friends and family) to take a quick moment to vote each day during voting. And, heck, while you’re at it, feel free to tell them to take a look around my little corner of the Internet. I’d sure appreciate it. Now, on to the finalists. I really did try very hard to cull these down, but I couldn’t eliminate any of these 8 fun, witty, whimsical and picturesque entries:
1. The 8-year old boy in me couldn’t pass this one up. Let’s call it “Surveying What’s Behind”. Leslie’s submission of what I assume is one of the crawling statues in Prague.
2. Eddy’s submission gives us a sense of our place in the world as his wife hikes through the Bamboo Forest in Hawaii.
3. Jessica’s submission of a colorful stop in Russia.
4. Joel submitted this picture of his son on top of Jungfrau in Switzerland.
5. La Viajera Morena making an impression on those stone faces in Tula, Mexico.
6. I don’t like to pick favorites, but this one of Nicole’s family in Porec, Croatia makes me want to throw my kids on a plane and go somewhere fun!
7. Perry’s submission is of him and his wife at Machu Picchu, a place on my bucket list.
8. And, last, but certainly not least, is Tara’s submission of her daughter feeding the seagulls on vacation in Ocean City. Tara has a real knack with a camera. Talk about capturing a moment!
Good luck, everyone!