72 hours to go until I jump into a crazy challenge again. This time, my friend Summer Hull from TPG Family is taking part in the craziness. And, before I left the house this morning I recorded a video with my daughter getting excited for the challenge:
There are 48 rides we’re trying to conquer today. Skip a Starbucks order or three and help us make our goal! You can make a pledge using the form below. Once we finish our crazy challenge the folks at Give Kids The World will walk you through how to donate. If you want to know more, I’ve included a bunch of information below the pledge form.
We’re going to try to ride every ride at Disney World in one day. One long day…..
I did a test run a few weeks ago and got to 41 rides. There are a total of 49, though only 48 will be open on Wednesday. We’ll be running, planning, sweating and riding all day long in an attempt to raise money for a great charity, Give Kids The World. What does Give Kids The World do? I’m glad you asked.
Give Kids The World
What started as the dream of a Florida hotelier to help some families in need has developed into an immense operation.
Give Kids The World Village opened in 1989, and is now an 84-acre, nonprofit resort complete with 168 villa accommodations, attractions, restaurants, ice cream shops and events specifically designed for children aged 3-18 with critical illnesses. Over 156,000 families from all 50 states and around the world have stayed with GKTW to the tune of more than 8,000 families per year.
When a family stays with Give Kids the World, they don’t just get a place to sleep. The family’s weeklong dream trip is covered and includes:
- Accommodations on-site in one of the Village’s fully-accessible villas
- Donated tickets to all three major theme-park resorts (SeaWorld Orlando, Universal Orlando and Walt Disney World)
- From GKTW’s partner Walt Disney World, all wish families visiting Give Kids The World receive:
- Three days of park hopper passes with photo pass included
- Walt Disney World character meet-and-greets exclusive to wish families twice a week at Give Kids The World
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner in the GKTW dining area, Café Clayton, along with ice cream available all day in The Ice Cream Palace
- Many other fun surprises