Marriott announced their final worldwide promotion of the year last week. It’s under their standard title of MegaBonus and it is, in fact, kind of Mega. How Mega remains to be seen for just a bit longer. But, more on that in a bit.
You can earn a free night at any Category 1-5 Marriott property after you complete two stays.
The promotion period runs from September 12, 2017 until January 15, 2018, just like the SPG promo I wrote about recently. I really like that they wrapped the promotion around the holidays into next year. That’s usually a time of year where promotions aren’t available.
Unlike the SPG promotion, pretty much all Marriott hotels are eligible. Here’s a list of participating brands. I love that Marriott doesn’t make me hunt through pages and pages of lists to find out which properties are eligible for this promotion.
There’s also a hint that you may qualify for another offer after completing two stays. I guess we’ll find out what those look like soon.
If you receive a second offer, please leave a comment below to help out other readers.
Once the free night posts to your account (usually within 5 days of completing your second stay) you’ll have 6 months to use it.
The Final Two Pennies
It always makes sense to register for hotel promos such as this. It’s free to do so. Even if you don’t have plans to stay at an SPG property right now, plans change. Better to take 30 seconds and register now so you don’t miss out later.
If I was choosing, I would hit the Marriott promo before SPG. From there, I’d see what I got for a second offer and decide which way to go from there. Don’t forget that there are targeted SPG offers along with their systemwide-ish promo.
I’ll be covering the Hilton and IHG promos shortly as well. Oh, and in case you wanted to read the entire T&C for the Marriott promo:
• Registration is required.
• Marriott Rewards members who register for this promotion by November 30, 2017 will earn one (1) free night award at a category 1-5 hotel (value of standard free night award ranges from 7,500 points for Category 1 hotels to 25,000 points for Category 5 hotels) after two paid stays* made between September 12, 2017 and January 15, 2018, at participating Marriott® properties.
• If a member completes two qualifying stays during the promotional period, an additional offer may be unlocked and become available in the members account within 2-3 days after the second qualifying stay.
• The member may not receive additional notification except through their online member account and must register for the additional offer within two (2) weeks from the date the additional offer becomes available.
• Maximum one (1) free night award earned with this promotion per member to be redeemed for a future stay at participating Marriott Rewards category 1-5 properties.
• Free night award will expire six (6) months after the date of issuance.
• An earned free night award is good for one (1) single or double occupancy standard room only and includes the cost of the hotel room and applicable room taxes only.
• An earned free night award will be added to the member’s account within 3-5 business days after the second qualifying stay.
• The awarded free night certificate is not transferable and may not be given as a gift.
• Nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for credit and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for credit.
• Stays at ExecuStay and Marriott Executive Apartments are not eligible for credit toward this promotion.
• Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay.
• Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion.
• For a list of current Marriott Rewards participating brands, visit https://www.marriott.com/marriott-rewards/earn/hotels.mi.
• Stays at our exclusive luxury hotel partner, The Ritz-Carlton®, will count toward achievement.
• Rooms booked through most third party online retailers and select travel agency bookings are ineligible to earn for this promotion.
• All Marriott Rewards program terms and conditions apply.
• See https://www.marriott.com/rewards/terms/earning.mi for more information.
• Visit MarriottRewards.com/FreeNightMegaBonus for complete details.
• © 2017 Marriott International, Inc.
The post Marriott Promotion: Stay Twice And Earn A Free Night! was published first on Pizza in Motion