The D23 Expo is traditionally a place where Disney announces plenty of changes to the parks. It’s true catnip for Disney fans like me. There are definitely bigger Disney fans than me, but I was looking forward to today to see if some rumored changes would become reality. Early reports are that many rumors are coming true.
- Ratatouille ride coming to Disney World.
- The rumored Gondola system is coming to fruition. This would connect EPCOT, Hollywood Studios as well as Caribbean Beach, Pop Century and Art of Animation resorts. The map on this one is still a bit confusing to me, and I don’t know how long transport will take. But, anything beats waiting for a full bus in the heat of summer.
- “Minnie Vans”. I love this idea. Disney is rolling out a service similar to Uber. These are vans that will go between the resorts and the parks for a flat fee per ride. The current taxi company can be a pain and the wait for Uber at key times can be high. I can’t wait to see how they implement this.
- Disney’s “Riviera Resort” will be the next DVC resort to open.
- “Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway” will open in place of the Great Movie Ride in Hollywood Studios. The Runaway Railway will have more Hidden Mickeys than any other ride.
The Final Two Pennies
There are lots of other announcements from yesterday and there are sure to be plenty more details coming out. WDW News Today is one of the best resources for info, so keep an eye out for new posts there.
Tons of cool stuff!
The post Minnie Vans, Gondolas And Many Other Awesome Disney World Announcements! was published first on Pizza in Motion