Notice anything different? In honor of breast cancer awareness month, I’m turning the blog a bit pink for the next few weeks again. Additionally, I’m going to be donating money to fund cancer research. I’ll be donating 25 cents for each time any of the following happens this month, up to a total donation of $500:
- Subscribe to my daily newsletter (CLICK HERE)
- Follow me on Twitter
- Like Pizza In Motion on Facebook
- Leave a Comment on one of Michelle’s new posts in the month of October (seeing as how she’s the keeper of the ta-tas in our household). One comment per person per thread, no need to spam.
I’m planning to divide my donation up between 3 charities:
- Breast Cancer Research Foundation (96 points out of 100 from Charity Navigator)
- LIVESTRONG (88 points out of 100 from Charity Navigator)
- Susan G. Komen For The Cure (78 points out of 100 from Charity Navigator)
I wanted to split the donations up so as to target a few in the hopes that everyone would feel comfortable with at least one of the charities I’ll be supporting.
To me, selecting charities is a deeply personal thing. I have strong feelings about LIVESTRONG and the help they’ve given my family over the years. Breast Cancer Research Foundation does excellent work and is one of the highest scoring charities by various ranking organizations. And, Komen is one of the most well-known charities. While they might not score as high with some ranking organizations, they’ve done an incredible amount of work increasing visibility around breast cancer awareness.
I hope that if you’re thinking about donating this month, you’ll find a charity that works for you and help make a difference.