Today’s Daily Getaways deal features Las Vegas hotel packages from various MGM Resorts on the strip.
In case you’re not familiar, Daily Getaways are daily deals sponsored by the US Travel Association. Some are better than others, so you need to think about whether you can take full advantage of the offer before buying.
For the more popular offers, they will sell out quickly, which means being around right when they go on sale each day at 1:00 pm EDT. Some offers will sell out in hours, some in minutes. It’s also important to be patient. If you click shortly after an offer becomes available and it shows sold out, keep trying. Someone may have an offer in their shopping cart but change their mind or have their computer crash. When that happens, their bad luck or change of heart can be your good fortune.
Finally, make sure you pay with an American Express card to save an additional 10%. Any AMEX card will do.
Feel free to e-mail me or post questions in the comments section. Good luck chasing the deals you’re looking for!
2 nights for 4 people in a 2-bedroom suite at Mandalay Bay for $1,570:
This package comes with the following:
- 2 nights in a 2-bedroom suite at Mandalay Bay. Maximum 4 people.
- 4 tickets to Michael Jackson ONE a Cirque du Soleil® show at Mandalay Bay.
- 2 dinners (max of $700 each) for 4 people at a restaurant of your choice inside Mandalay Bay.
- 4 – 50 minute massage for each guest at Spa Mandalay.
- Round-trip airport limo transfers (between McCarran Airport and Mandalay Bay).
The package is only valid through Jaunary 31, 2015 and cannot be used over New Years. If you can take advantage of the dinners, this package is a great value. I never found a night where a 2-bedroom suite was less than $1,500 but most folks aren’t paying that rate. If you modestly attribute $700 for a 2-bedroom suite, $300-$400 for show tickets and $400 for the massages, it’s easy to get $1,000 in savings from this package. They’re only offering 4 of these packages so they’ll likely go very fast.
2-night getaway at New York-New York for $472.50 includes:
- 2 consecutive nights in a Spa Suite (double occupancy). Room and tax included.
- 2 tickets to Zumanity™ by Cirque du Soleil®
- Dinner for 2 at Gallagher’s Steakhouse (valued at $350).
2 nights in a Spa Suite are generally going to cost you $500 or more. Add in show tickets and a $350 dinner and you can save $500. This package is only valid through December 28, 2014. I’ve stayed at New York-New York. The rooms there could use some TLC, but it’s okay.
4-night stay at Excalibur for $472.50 includes:
- 4 consecutive nights in a Contemporary Room (double occupancy) at the Excalibur.
- 2 tickets to the Criss Angel ® Believe ™ OR Jabawockeez.
- $400 food & beverage credit at select Excalibur or Luxor restaurants.
I’m not a huge fan of Excalibur so I wouldn’t be the best judge of value on this package. But, if you like the rooms there, this is certainly a good savings.
2-night VIP Getaway at HOTEL32 at Monte Carlo for $1,035 includes:
- 2 nights in a one-bedroom PENTHOUSE Suite at HOTEL32 (double occupancy).
- 2 VIP tickets to the turbo-charged Blue Man Group show.
- $150 dining credit at select Monte Carlo restaurants.
- Round-trip airport limo transfers (between McCarran airport and the Monte Carlo).
- VIP Lounge check-in.
HOTEL32 is a boutique hotel that’s at the top of Monte Carlo. The Penthouse Suites are monster rooms, 1600-2000sf either a dining room table or pool table. The package is a pricey one but a bargain compared to the list price. The cheapest night I could find in a Penthouse Suite was $1,300. So, if you want to live it up in the lap of luxury, jump in.
4-night Ultimate Getaway At Mirage for $1,777.50 includes:
- A 4 consecutive night stay in a “Mirage Suite” or similar suite (double occupancy).
- Airport limo transfers to and from McCarran Airport to The Mirage.
- Dinner for 2 at Japonais.
- Dinner for 2 at Tom Colicchio’s Heritage Steak.
- Dinner for 2 at Portofino Italian Cuisine.
- VIP seating for 2 to The Beatles LOVE™ by Cirque du Soleil®.
- VIP seating for 2 to Terry Fator.
- Massages for 2 at The Mirage Spa.
- VIP amenities of champagne and strawberries in your guest room.
This is going to be tough for most folks to get a good value out of. The dinners are max $500 each but they’re listed as for 2 people. You can surely spend $500 on dinner for 2, but I don’t know too many folks who do that 3 nights in a row. if you were to max out all elements of this package you’d likely save well over $1,000. But, I suspect most folks won’t.
Bottom Line It For Me, Ed
There are a couple of pretty good deals being offered today if you enjoy Vegas. I think it’s a bit odd that all the packages still require folks to pay the daily resort fee (generally $25-$30) especially given the size of some of these packages. Even though these packages represent big savings off the retail prices, make sure you actually will use all or most of the package and that the dining spend is in your budget before deciding to partake.