I’ve got a ton of posts to crank out on our family vacation to Sicily and Salzburg. I’m hoping to get my butt in gear. Here’s a quick peek at what I expect to cover:
- Getting There. Connecting In Rome And Using Hertz Gold Plus Rewards Points Overseas
- Hotel Review: Sheraton Catania, Sicily
- A Return To Taormina, A Beautiful City On A Hill
- Our Favorite Part of Taormina
- Exploring Mt. Etna
- Walking And Eating In Downtown Catania
- A Day In Siracusa
- Priority Pass Lounge At Catania Airport
- Mess after Mess. airberlin To Salzburg
- Hotel Review: Sheraton Grand Salzburg
- Sound of Music Tour
- Walking Around Salzburg
- L’Osteria Restaurant
- Salt Mines at Berchtesgaden
- Cable Car at Untersbergbahn
- Tasty Donuts, Salzburg
- Train To Vienna
- Hotel Review: Park Hyatt Vienna, OMG
- Haus des Meeres: Aqua Terre Zoo
- Austrian Airways Lounge, Vienna Airport
- Austrian Airways VIE-IAD, Business Class Review
- Wrapping Up
While driving to the Salt Mines we could see the cable car making the trek up the mountains. The span seemed immense as we drove underneath.
The Salt Mines aren’t a full day trip, so we elected to hit the cable car on our way back to Salzburg. Only a few minutes off the highway, it was a quick detour.
Round-trip tickets for an adult are 23.50 Euro, whereas kids from 6 to 14 are 11.50 Euro. There’s a small waiting area with a snack bar. The cable car runs a few times an hour, so you won’t have long to wait. We enjoyed a cold beer (the kids went with ice cream) and were on our way.
Not my best camera work, but here’s a short time-lapse of the trip up to the top of the mountain. It’s a long haul.
Once we got to the top, there were a few different ways to wander, and even a trail to climb down (or up). Someone was coming up the trail when we arrived, a climb I really can’t imagine doing.
The temperature difference between the bottom and top was easily 20 degrees Fahrenheit. The top of the mountain could easily keep someone busy for the whole day if they wanted to hike and explore. I’ll let our pictures do the rest of the talking:
The post Exploring Salzburg: Cable Car at Untersbergbahn was published first on Pizza in Motion